Wiki Trails: From The Last Airbender to Sea of Okhotsk

For the Wiki Trails this week, I decided to start out at the Avatar the Last Airbender article, since I needed to do some more research for my portfolio stories.  I learned a lot about the series that I actually didn't know before, especially about the inspiration for the cultures in the story.

The next article I read was Sireniki, which is one of the cultures that influenced the Water Tribe in teh series.  I had never heard of this before and really wanted to learn more.  This village is in the very north east corner of Russia.


After this one, I read the article on the Bowhead Whale.  This is a whale whose migration patterns take it around this village.  This is such a wonderful creature and I am so glad I learned about them.  I really love whales and I am excited to have a new one to study.

The last article I visited was the Sea of Okhotsk.  This is another place along the bowhead whales' migration patterns.  Apparently, the population of these whales here is endangered and very little is known about them.  I hope I come back to these pages to learn more about this awesome creature.

Comments

  1. Hi Caitlyn! I'm just doing some extra commenting and I came across your post on the blog stream. What really had me curious was the "The Last Airbender" part of your title because I knew it'd be about Avatar, and well, I used to love Avatar when I was little. Anyway, I think it's cool how to went from that to a sea where the Bowhead whales migrate to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Caitlyn?

Comment Wall

The Banishment